Step 1: Procure the proper form from the proper office.
The “I” Form will have to be purchased for Tk. 10 from the DCC zonal office where the manufacturing firm has to submit its application.
Step 2: Get certification from the local ward commissioner.
The completed form has to be validated by the local ward commissioner.
Step 3: Submit application with supporting documentation.
Supporting documents include:
· 3 copies of PP size photo of owner
· Rent receipt or premises ownership proof
· No objection certificate from the neighborhood
· A written undertaking on a Tk 150 non-judicial stamped paper
· Fire License from the local fire department
· Environmental Certificate from DOE
Step 4: Await enquiry by the Licensing Supervisor (LS).
Upon submission of the form, the LS usually goes to the business entity for a visit to verify the information provided.
Step 5: Pay predetermined fee and collect trade license.
After inspection by the LS is concluded, the business is asked to go to the DCC office to pay the predetermined fee and collect their trade license. The fee schedule depends on the business category under which the application was filed.